I WANT CALCHROME TO DO THE WORK FOR ME. HOW DO I GET STARTED?
After corresponding with us via phone or email, this information will assist in showing what to do next. Are you local or are you shipping? Select one of the options to get started:
1. OUT OF THE AREA? SHIPPING YOUR WHEELS TO US
2. FOR OUR LOCAL CUSTOMERS, WE HAVE 3 OPTIONS TO HELP GET YOUR WHEELS PROCESSED
Shipping Your Wheels To Us
Here is a combined list of how the whole process works
1. Customer Instruction Sheet
2. Email Correspondence with Estimate
3. Packing Materials. Where do I get?
4. How Do I pack my order?
5. What carrier do I use to ship it?
6. What If I want to send wheels and tires?
7. CalChrome receives your shipment
8. Once we receive payment processing begins
9. Upon Completion exit photos
10. Your confirmation
11. Your Order Ships
1. Please fill out our customer instruction sheet. This information helps expedite processing times compared with wheels that show up on our loading dock without any information.
2. Include any and all email correspondence with an estimate and also put that information inside the box as well.
3. FedEx / UPS may have shipping materials and may provide packaging for your order. U-Haul also has boxes. Please use bubble wrap to protect your parts or wheels. No Peanuts
4. Prepare the wheel to be shipped to CalChrome. We suggest using bubble wrap wrapped around the wheel to help prevent damage. Do not send money at this time.
5. Box the order up and ship using FedEx, UPS, LTL Freight, or any carrier you prefer. Please insure the shipment for its replacement value. Remember to insert the customer instruction sheet and any email correspondence along with the shipment. Click here for more info
6. If you are sending wheels and tires together please see our shipping guide which shows you how to package them together. See Mummy Wrapped information. You can still ship FedEx, UPS, LTL Truck.
7. Once CalChrome receives the shipment, we open it up to inspect and catalog it into our system. We will then contact you, the customer, review the requested process and send you an invoice for payment.
8. Payment options depend on the type of processing requested. Once payment is received, processing begins.
9. Once your job is completed we will take detailed photos of the completed services. These are called Exit Photos that we will send to you to show you the completed job making sure we did the correct process and check other items such as verifying the return shipping address.
10. Once you receive the exit photos, please confirm back via email that everything is correct by answering yes to all questions. This is the time to ask any other questions before we ship your order. Once boxed, we will provide you a tracking number.
11. Our preferred shipping carriers are FedEx or LTL Truck Shipments. Upon receiving, if there are any questions in regards to mounting, maintenance, warranty, or shortages please contact us and thank you for your business.
For Our local customers, we have 4 options to help get your wheels processed
Call to make an appointment or come by in-person to discuss our services. We will show you samples of different colors or completed products depending on what job we are performing. We will show you the shop so you can see we are really doing the work in house.
Dropping Off Wheels Only
Option 2. Wheels only customers we will double-check and spin the wheels while you are here to verify that they are true. Once we determined the process for our local customers we will invoice and collect payment at that time. Then, processing begins. Process time depends on the job and the detail required. We will contact you once processing is done for pickup. For all drop-offs, you’re welcome to come anytime Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Loaner Wheels and Tires
Option 3. We can install loaner wheels and tires on your vehicle so that you can continue to drive and use the vehicle while we process your wheels. For vehicles that wish to have loaners installed, we would like you to call and set up an appointment for the install. This way we can give each customer the attention required and the appropriate time to do the install. Once we determine the process for our local customers we will invoice and collect payment at that time. Then processing will begin. Process time depends on the job and the detail required. Once the job is completed we will contact you to come back to remove the loaners and reinstall the original wheels. Please call again for the appointment.
Option 4. For local customers, we do offer road service and can come to your location, home, or office and install loaners to process your wheels. Additional purchase required. Contact us for more information.
Payment is required prior to any work being performed. Payment for work is accepted via Personal / Company check, PayPal, Visa / Mastercard, Money Order, and Bank Wire Transfer. Do not send payment along with the wheels. We will ask for payment once the wheels arrive. We will send you an invoice via your provided email address. Please make sure this is an email address that you check regularly.
** For rechroming of wheels and parts, WE DO NOT accept credit cards for payment. Local customers can drop off and pick up to save freight costs. Los Angeles sales tax is 9.5%. No sales tax if shipped outside of California. All prices estimated are in US Dollars. All out of country orders Bank Wire Transfer is the method of payment. In review, once we have received payment the processing of your wheels or parts begins. If for some reason you have not heard from us requesting payment for processing after your parts have arrived, please double-check that we have received your payment.